From “Hood County 2000: Men Who Made Hood County”
Hood County News – January 1, 2000
Andy Aston was the son of John Aston who came to Hood County when Andy was just two years old.
Aston owned and operated the Aston-Landers saloon on the square with his partner, G.W. Landers. When local voters approved prohibition in 1902, Aston sold every drop of liquor in the saloon; taking in over $100 the night before prohibition took effect. Aston converted his closed saloon into a harness and buggy shop.
|Andy C. Aston was born October 8, 1857 and died August 19, 1917. He was buried in the Mt. Pleasant Cemetery in Hood County, Texas.|
© 2000 Hood County News and HCN Online Services
~ Web Page by Jo Ann Hopper ~