Contributed by Virginia Lynn Allen
Pictured are William Hood and his wife, Lenora Allen Hood, with six of their eight children. They came to Hood County, Texas from Mississippi after November 1884 but before February 1887. The photo was taken about 1896.
The back row from left to right, John L. Hood, Cintha J. Hood, William Columbus Hood, and Sarah “Sally” Hood. The front row from left to right, Cora Hood, William Hood, Lenora Allen Hood, and Paulina Hood.
- John L. Hood married Alma M. Herring.
- Cintha J. Hood married Walter Draper May 15, 1910 in Lipan, Hood County.
- William Columbus Hood married Lula Pruitt December 7, 1904 in Hood County.
- Sarah “Sally” Hood married Charles E. Kelley.
- Cora J. Hood married General Beauregard Bernard married April 8, 1899 probably in Parker County. Cora Hood was born June 26, 1881 and died November 26, 1978. General Beauregard Bernard was born September 14, 1878 in Parker County and died March 30, 1968. General was his actual given name, even though he was not in the military. They married in Parker County where they farmed for many years, then moved to Lipan, and later moved to Weatherford where they lived until they died. Both were buried in the Evergreen Cemetery near Lipan in Hood County.
- Paulina (Pauline) Hood married John Wesley Stalcup May 12, 1907 in Hood County. They lived in Weatherford in Parker County where they owned a little grocery store.