Hood County News Centennial Edition – Sept. 23, 1971
The City Hall was erected in 1933. It is of native stone and was just recently remodeled and updated into a very attractive building. W.H. Cherry was Mayor in 1933 and the councilmen were:
J. B. Browning
H L. Hunter
T.H. Dabney, M.D.
F.A. Jones, Secretary
D.C. Glenn, Treasurer
Offices currently in the city hall are City Police, Dispatch and Administration; Engineers; from one to three full time secretaries, are now employed. The fire trucks are kept in the warehouse.